Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How did they think of it?


Caramel  Apples. Let’s just sit and ruminate on Caramel Apples.

Who in the world would even think to dip an apple into caramel? It’s things like this that make me sit and stare into nothing while I contemplate who would do anything like that.

But the fact still stands that they, while thinking about dipping apples into caramel, created something. At the time it was only an idea, that maybe they laughed with their friends about, and then decided to seriously try it.

But creating, the act of creating is something I desperately want to do, which is why you find me in my schools video program,  Ed Hews,  or on my schools newspaper staff, and why I’m attempting to write a book and why I am now starting this blog.

It’s why you can sometimes find me sitting, thinking about the person who created refrigerators, or iPods, and what possessed them and how can I create something that is uniquely my own?

I haven’t figured it out yet.

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited to follow this blog!!! Any more on the book? Looks great!!! Did you finish your book last night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart this blog Maren. You're so good :) you've already created something that is unique.

    ReplyDelete